T3 Foundation “Law on the Protection of Personal Data”
The following terms that are employed in this clarification text respectively refer to:
Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person,
Law on the Protection of Personal Data (“KVKK” for Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu): The Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data that went into effect by being published on the Official Gazette on 7 April 2016,
T3 Foundation: Turkish Technology Team Foundation,
Data processor: Natural or legal person who processes personal data based on the authority granted by and on behalf of the data controller,
Data controller: Natural or legal person who determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data, and who is responsible for establishment and management of the filing system.
Pursuant to the KVKK, your personal data that you share as the addressee, member, scholarship student, volunteer, trainee, supplier, visitor, award recipient, supported, program partner and/or foundation employee/manager will be utilized within the scope specified below by the T3 Foundation legal entity as the data controller.
Personal Data Collection Method, Purpose and Legal Reasons
Your personal data, in line with the purposes designated in the law and our foundation's policy;
- Scholarship application forms,
- T3 Foundation Internet website communication forms,
- Competition application forms,
- Startup application forms,
- Other than the application via the website, also the documents delivered physically,
- Communications via social media or directly or authorized communication channels and physical channels,
- Any documents, e-mails, faxes, or mails that you have provided to us or requested by us,
- Information obtained as a result of telephone conversations with authorized personnel who contacted you on behalf of the foundation,
- Membership, application, or feedback forms that you have filled electronically or physically,
- In addition, within the framework of legal reasons arising and executed based on the relevant legislation, contract, request, general practice, and the rules of good faith, your personal data, including special categories of personal data can be collected, processed and transferred by written, verbal or electronic methods or with your explicit consent, by the methods listed above and pursuant to different legal reasons for the purposes specified in this clarification text within the scope of the processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the KVKK, for the purposes of T3 Foundation to continue its activities and in accordance with the basic principles prescribed in the KVKK
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the T3 Foundation's mission and purposes, in accordance with the preservation rules, in line with the following activities of the T3 Foundation.
T3 Foundation activities;
- Providing scholarship support to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students,
- Organizing workshops for middle school and high school students,
- Providing financial support to teams preparing for national and international competitions,
- To support startups by providing investment, offices, mentors, prototype workshops and technical experts,
- Organizing seminars,
- To facilitate and carry out the communication of the activities.
Transfer of Personal Data
Pursuant to Articles 8 and 9 of the KVKK, for the above-mentioned purposes, your personal data may be transferred to third parties deemed necessary (program partners, collaborating institutions, foundation managers/employees, legally authorized public institutions and organizations, legally authorized private legal persons or foreign countries) within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes in order to continue the activities of the T3 Foundation.
The Rights of the Personal Data Owner
Pursuant to article 11 of KVKK, everyone, in connection with herself/himself, has the right to;
a) Learn whether or not her/his personal data have been processed;
b) Request information as to processing if her/his data have been processed;
c) Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose;
ç) Know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred;
d) Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately;
e) Request deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions set forth under article 7 of KVKK;
f) Request notification of the operations made as per indents (d) and (e) to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
g) Object to occurrence of any result that is to her/his detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems;
ğ) Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of personal data.
In order to exercise your above-mentioned rights, you can notify us through legal means by filling out the KVKK Request Form at the link below.